At 5SRC, Our Employees Are Our Greatest Advantage
We offer a competitive benefits and compensation package that includes highly competitive pay, excellent work-life benefits, and performance incentives. 5SRC employees are:
- Valued for their knowledge, abilities, and character
- Respected for their views
- Supported in personal and professional growth
- Recognized for their achievements and performance
Origin of the Five Stones Name
Our name is taken from 1 Samuel 17:40, “…and he chose for himself five smooth stones from the brook…” Each stone represents a corporate culture value:
According to the scripture, young David was able to defeat the mighty Goliath with five smooth stones taken from a nearby brook. “David and Goliath” is now a proverbial expression for a small force overcoming giant challenges.
5SRC has made a pledge and is committed to hiring Veterans (Our Heroes)! Veterans bring a depth and breadth of skills, talent, and leadership to the company.
5SRC actively supports community and charitable organizations and activities.
With the goal of using employee and corporate resources to help others, 5SRC established an outreach program to enable and encourage our employee family to work together in support of local and national service projects and programs.
This outreach program enabled 5SRC to create its own Corporate Charitable Fund through the Huntsville Community Foundation. The 5SRC fund is “Stepping Stones.” Employees sign up to participate with a monthly “gift.” 5SRC matches our employees’ “gifts” (up to $200 per employee per year), and an employee committee manages the fund for project and program activities and distributions. Distributions to charities (selected by our employees) take place on an annual basis. Since its inception, Stepping Stones has contributed over $100,000 to local and national charities.
Employees are encouraged to use their time and talents to engage with their local organizations to give back to the community. 5SRC employees stay connected with each other and their local efforts with their assistance to multiple Service Support and Community Organizations:
- 305 8th Street
- Angel Tree
- Cove Elementary School Mentor Program
- Huntsville Museum of Art
- Local United Way
- New Hope Care Center
- New Hope Children’s Clinic
- The Community Foundation
- The Cornerstone Initiative
- Women’s Business Center
- Huntsville Aerospace Marketing Association (HAMA)
- Huntsville Association of Small Businesses in Advanced Technology (HASBAT)
- Huntsville Chapter AAAA
- Huntsville Chapter AUSA
- Huntsville Chapter SOLE
- Huntsville/Madison Chamber of Commerce
- Rotary Greater Huntsville
- Still Serving Veterans to Community Organizations
- UAH Small Business Development Center & Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Woman’s Economic Development Council (WEDC)